Thursday, June 9, 2011

This week's radio segments (The Sports Reporters)

Wednesday I joined The Sports Reporters in the Wednesday 5:30 time slot. Click the permalink, then the link below, to listen to the segment from this week. Virtually the entire segment this week was spent discussing Tiger Woods (injury, pursuit of records, what he may do the rest of the year, etc) and next week's US Open, including the set-up of the course at Congressional and whether or not Tiger's tournament returns in future years after this two year hiatus.

Click here to listen to the segment: The Sports Reporters

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since this is on a radio post...any inside info on Kornheiser and his radio show? Is that it? I know they say money is the issue, but 6 weeks off that he doesn't want? Sounds like the end of another Tony K era to me...

Anonymous said...

Hi John, can you please set the record straight regarding the cat visitation story during your days at The National? Turns out the subject is rather prominent in the new Grantland article linked below:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6629257/view/full/the-greatest-paper-ever-died

Tom said...

I heard the Segment on the radio. Good stuff. I just worry for you that your objectivity sometimes gets lost in the Anti-Tiger vitriol. From a fan's perspective, I don't care if he is mean to the press or beats his dog. I just want to watch him play golf.

In terms of his injuries, I think the best analogy I have heard yet is Mickey Mantle. Unlimited potential and a career cut short by injury.

Is there an opportunity for Tiger to move the AT&T over to Avenel? That would seem to be a logical location for the future of his tournament.

Tom